Puff pastry is one of the easiest doughs which you can use for sooo many things; sweet and savory. I love working with it and you don’t need to make it yourself from scratch. Ready made puff pastry is available every where and it’s easy to buy good organic quality.
1 sheet of puff pastry
200-250 gr Ricotta di Bufala
1-2 tbs apricot jam
1-2 tbs hazelnut spread or Nutella
1-2 tbs plum jam
1-2 tbs pineapple jam
1 muffins baking tray
1 pastry ring of 9 cm
* preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
* grease the molds with butter.
* cut 6, 8, or 10 cirkels (depending on the size of your ring and sheet of dough) using the pastry ring
* put the rounds in the moulds and brush with egg yolk. Make sure you avoid air between the dough and the bottom & sides of the mould.
–if wanted you can now sprinkle the forms with some granulated sugar–
–alternatively you can turn the mould upside down and fold the rounds over the outside of the moulds–
* use a fork to puncture the bottom and bake for 15 minutes.
* take the cakes out of the mould and let cool on a cake rack.
* mix 2 tbs ricotta with 1-2 tbs of jam, creating 4 different fillings for your cakes.
* spoon the ricotta filling into your cakes and decorate as you like.
To be a little bit more precise about my fillings. I used the following:
pure hazelnut paste with some Zuidam chocolat liqueur plus some grated dark chocolat
pineapple confit in star anise syrup, nutmeg and mint with some home-made limoncello and lime zest
apricot-almond jam and some Etter apricot liqueur, sprinkled with almond
Etter Weihnachtspflümli (plum-cinnamon liqueur) and baked plums.